Easy Banana Bread Muffins for Kids
Today is National Banana Bread Day and we have a question for you. Who has made banana bread in the last year? Last year banana bread took the world by storm popping up all over social media and various news outlets. We felt it was only fitting, on this National Banana Bread Day, to share a Healthy Height inspired recipe.
This recipe is super simple to make. We use a boxed banana bread mix, because who has time to make it from scratch when you’re helping your kiddo’s learn from home while taking that conference call from the kitchen table? Not us!
Grab your favorite boxed banana bread mix, a bag of Healthy Height and let’s get started.
- 2 scoops of Healthy Height Plain mix
- Simple Mills Banana Muffin and Bread Mix
- Vegetable oil
- 2 bananas, sliced
- Muffin tin
- Muffin cups
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line your muffin tray with the baking cups.
- Following the instructions on the Simple Mills box, prepare your muffin mix.
- Set aside about a cup of muffin mix, this will be your child’s portion. Add two scoops of Healthy Height plain mix to this batter and mix well. If the batter looks too thick you can thin with water a teaspoon at a time, don’t add too much water as it will impact baking time and muffin texture.
- Fill your muffin cups ¾ of the way full. Be sure to note what cups have Healthy Height added to them. You can place a toothpick between the muffin tin and the paper cup to mark them.
- As soon as the oven is heated place the muffins inside and set the timer. The muffins are ready when a toothpick comes out clean. Serve your muffins with sliced banana and enjoy!
Here’s what we love about this recipe. Well there are a couple of things. It’s made using a clean boxed banana bread mix and the added ingredients are pantry staples. Because of the way we’ve added the Healthy Height into the mix, 2 muffins is all your child needs to consume for a full serving of Healthy Height. If you’d like more portions with Healthy Height just repeat step 3 as many times as you need.
Go make some banana bread! Don’t forget to share your recipes with us on social.