Picky Eater-Approved Oatmeal Cookies
This kids oatmeal cookie recipe was made by Alison, a mom in our Healthy Height community. Have an idea to share? Tag us @healthyheight on social.
- 6 scoops of Healthy Height Plain
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup apple sauce (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (room temperature)
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Optional: Add Your Child’s Favorite Mix-in’s
- Chocolate chips
- Nuts (pistachios, pecans, etc)
- Dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, etc).
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the butter, apple sauce and maple syrup in a bowl or standing mixer and beat until well combined.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, ground flax seed, plain Healthy Height, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix to incorporate.
- Fold in your child’s favorite mix-ins
- Using a tablespoon cookie scoop or measure, drop dough onto Silpat or parchment-lined baking sheets. Use the palm of your hand to gently press down the cookies, as they do not spread during baking.
- Bake for 11 minutes and remove to a cooling rack.