This week the Healthy Height Test Kitchen got a little spooky when we made candy corn rice krispie treats. Now, we know candy corn is a hot topic this time of year. We find that people either love them or they hate them. But since we're all friends we figured the one thing we can all agree on it that they're totally delicious when you make them out of rice cereal!
- 1/2 cup plain shake mix
- 6 cups of rice cereal
- 10 oz. bag of marshmallows
- 5 tablespoons butter
- Chocolate and white chocolate chips or candy melts
- Orange food coloring (optional)
- Melt butter in a large pot on the stove over medium heat
- Add the marshmallows and keep stirring so nothing burns
- Once melted remove from heat and add your food coloring and 1/2 cup of shake mix, mix until combined. *Depending on the texture you may want to add more butter to smooth things out.
- Mix in your rice cereal then transfer to an oiled baking pan to set
- Once set, using a cookie cutter or a butter knife cut out your candy corn shapes
- Melt your chips and or candy melts according to the instructions on the bag
- Carefully dip the tops in white chocolate and the bottoms in milk chocolate and let set until completely hardened