Peanut Butter Cereal Bars
Sharing a favorite childhood treat with your kids is such a fun experience. We teamed up with Teri, another one of our Healthy Height moms, as she shared one of her favorite treats as a kid, with a few simple swaps she put a Healthy Height spin on them. Introducing the Peanut Butter Cereal Bars, delicious protein-packed squares perfect for snack time. Check out the recipe below.
- 2 scoops of plain Healthy Height protein powder
- Coconut oil (for greasing dish/pan)
- 4 cups brown rice crisps or rice krispies
- 1 cup of peanut butter (or your favorite nut butter substitute)
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 cup brown rice syrup
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- Grease a square dish with coconut oil.
- Melt peanut butter slightly and mix with brown rice syrup, protein powder, and vanilla until it forms a dough consistency.
- Add rice crisps to the mixture, gently mix while making sure all crisps are well covered. Then, pour mixture into the dish.
- Use a spatula to spread mixture evenly and press into the dish so the bars are compact.
- Place the dish into the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Before serving, use a sharp knife to cut treats into squares.
- Enjoy! You can store treats in the refrigerator for 3 days.