Winter Snacktivity: Snowmen Energy Balls
If you have young children you can make up the batter and then have them roll the balls in coconut. If you have older children, they can potentially do the whole recipe with a little assistance from you to stay safe with the food processor blade.
- 2 scoops Healthy Height chocolate protein powder
- 1 banana
- 1.5 cups pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1 cup shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweetened is fine)
- 20 regular or mini chocolate chips (traditional or dairy free)
- 1 baby carrot, cut into small slivers
- Add all energy ball ingredients to a food processor. Combine on low for 1-2 minutes and then on high until all ingredients are blended well.
- Use a large spoon and your fingers to roll the batter into balls about 1-1.5" in diameter. Place them on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Pour 1 cup of shredded coconut into a bowl. Roll each energy ball in the coconut and then place it back onto the parchment paper. stack the energy balls in 2 or 3 layers to make "snowmen".
- Pour the rest of the coconut only a serving plate or platter. Set the "snowmen" on top. Add chocolate chips as eyes and slivers of carrot for noses to each snowman.
- Serve and enjoy for breakfast, as part of a lunch box, or as an after school or evening snack!