Healthy Homemade Gingerbread Christmas Cookies
Melanie shares "Happy holidays can be healthy holidays, thanks to these pillowy protein gingerbread cookies. Soft, full of goodness, and 100% picky eater approved! I've partnered up with Healthy Height to bring you a totally delicious gingerbread cookie recipe that will keep the holidays both happy and health! Healthy Height's vanilla shake mix subtly adds protein, vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats to their day."
- Preheat oven to 325F
- In one bowl, combine all dry ingredients
- In a mixer, combine all wet ingredients (coconut oil, molasses, applesauce, nut milk) and beat until smooth
- Add dry ingredients to the mixer and combine
- Roll out dough on floury surface. The dough may be sticky; just add more flour if needed. You want dough about 1/2 an inch thick.
- Cut dough into desired shapes and place shaped dough on parchment paper on baking sheet.
- Place shaped dough in freezer for 15 minutes to firm up
- Transfer baking sheet to oven, and bake cookies for 10-12 minutes
- Let cookies cool a bit before eating or decorating, as they will firm up as they cool down.
Nutrition to Help Kids Grow - and Sleep!
Every year our team of Pediatricians at Schneider Children's Medical Center have 20,000 visits from children with issues relating to growth. Our doctors wanted to find a non-invasive way to help children grow and the nutrition in our shake mix is the result of their efforts. The nutrition in our shake mix was shown in a clinical study to promote growth in 6 months, as well as improve sleep patterns in kids who take at least 1 serving per day.