New Years Eve At Home: Fun activities for the entire family
Make this New Year’s Eve celebration extra special with these at-home activities. From recipes to decorations we’re covering all of the bases. We put together activities the entire family can participate in, so that you can ring in the new year together. We hope you enjoy it.
New Year’s Eve snacks for the entire family
Snacks are probably the most important part of this list. Great snacks can really make a celebration feel special. We reached into our recipe box and pulled out two great ideas the whole family can help make.
- New Year’s Protein “Poppers" - ring in 2021 with these delicious protein poppers. They're actually kid-friendly protein balls dressed up for New Year’s Eve. We took one of our classic protein ball recipes and tweaked it just a little for this special New Year's occasion. By adding Healthy Height to the recipe you end up with a growth-boosting and nutritious treat to ring in the new year with. Grab the family and make these together, when the clock strikes midnight celebrate with a tasty snack!
- DIY Holiday Snack Mix - the thing we love most about a DIY snack mix is how you can customize it any way you want. Turn this into a Snacktivity, lay out all of your mix-in’s on the table, give everyone a bag or their own snack bowl and put together your own custom holiday snack mix.
Easy homemade decorations for New Year’s Eve
It’s time to deck the halls, while you certainly don’t have to take the tinsel down you are more than welcome to add to it with these awesome decoration ideas.
- Popcorn garland - an oldie but a goodie, popcorn garland is so much fun to make while you’re watching a family movie. Just be sure to leave some popcorn to put on the string. With this decoration idea it's really easy to eat all of the popcorn.
- Paper chains - another classic decoration this time of year. You can use whatever color and/or patterns of paper you want to make beautiful paper chains to cover the mantle, windows, doorways and more.
Fun family activities for New Year’s Eve
No party is complete without a few activities. Games are always welcome as a fun way to pass the time waiting for the clock to strike midnight. And we all can agree nothing beats a great family movie, but we wanted to give you a couple of additional options to choose from.
- Festive coloring sheets - we recently saw our friends over at Parents.com posted these super fun and festive coloring sheets. Let your creativity shine, break out the crayons and markers and have a ball. Turn coloring activities into a fun game, have everyone color their own version of the same picture. Flip them over and mix them up, then one at a time flip them back over and see if you can guess who colored each page.
- Homemade confetti poppers - Little Bins Little Hands has the coolest tutorial on homemade confetti poppers and they also include a really quick science lesson, showing little ones exactly how the poppers work. Best of all, they’re made using supplies you most likely have around the house. They’re super simple to put together and make for a really festive way to officially ring in the new year.
Just when you thought the fun was over, don’t forget this is a great time to set intentions for the year ahead. Those can look like resolutions, goals, habits you want to break, or habits you want to instill. Whatever name you give them, we’ve got the perfect way to kick off the new year. Check out the Healthy Habits page to learn more.
We wish you and your family the most magical New Year’s celebration and a very happy and healthy new year. Happy New Year Healthy Height family.