This week we’ve got a fun take on pudding, we’re using chia seeds to boost the nutritional value. Did you know that 2 tablespoons of chia seeds are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, and are high in antioxidants? They’re also a great source of fiber, calcium and they’re high in iron, magnesium and B vitamins. Talk about giving the kids a boost! Of course we had to pair it with our ingredient of the month- pumpkin!
Recipe is below and don’t forget to tag us when you make it with the kids!
- 2 scoops vanilla shake mix
- 2 cups of water milk of choice
- 1/2 cup of chia seeds
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- Blend all ingredients except chia seeds in a blender until smooth.
- Whisk in chia seeds.
- Pour into glasses of bowls and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Stir mixture a few times in the first hour to ensure chia seeds are evenly spread through pudding.
- This is a fabulous make ahead option.
- Top with a healthy granola or coconut chips to give a nice crunch!