A delicious family friendly waffle recipe kids will ask for every day
Who doesn’t love waffles in the morning? The only downside is the time it would take to make them on a weekday morning. Well never fear, we’ve got one delicious recipe developed by fellow Healthy Height mom @eattherainbow_kids and it’s perfect for making over the weekend, freezing and warming up in the toaster during the week. We hope you enjoy!
This recipe makes 6 - 7 waffles. Let’s get cooking!
Protein packed chocolate waffles for kids
- 4 scoops of ChocolateHealthy Height shake mix
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp ground flax
- ½ an avocado, mashed
- 1 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup finely grated zucchini (peeled first)
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a small mixing bowl: Healthy Height, flour, baking powder, cacao powder, and flax. Whisk and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients: mashed avocado, milk, maple syrup, and grated zucchini. Stir until well mixed. Then, slowly stir in the dry ingredients into the wet.
- Heat your waffle iron per owner instructions. Lightly spray cooking spray into iron and then add enough batter to the iron to make waffles. Every few waffles, be sure to re-spray your waffle iron as necessary.
- Serve hot with whipped cream or maple syrup.