Are you ready to indulge in a mouthwatering treat that satisfies your chocolate cravings while boosting your protein intake? Look no further than our Dark Chocolate Crepes made with chocolate protein powder. We use our Healthy Heights KidzProtein Chocolate, so you can be sure that your kids are not only getting something yummy and sweet, but also getting their nutrients.
These delectable crepes are not only sinfully delicious but also a guilt-free way to enjoy your favorite dessert. Whether you're a fitness enthusiast or simply a chocolate lover, this recipe is sure to become a staple in your kitchen.
Protein-Rich Dark Chocolate Crepes
For the Crepes:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Healthy Heights KidzProtein Chocolate
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk (dairy or non-dairy of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons melted dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (for cooking)
For the Filling:
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries or strawberries
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (for garnish)
- Powdered sugar (for dusting)
Directions:1. Prepare the Crepe Batter:
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, chocolate protein powder, unsweetened cocoa powder, granulated sugar, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, then add in the milk, melted dark chocolate, and vanilla extract. Mix well until combined.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients while whisking continuously. Continue to mix until you have a smooth, lump-free batter.
- Cover the crepe batter and let it rest for about 15-20 minutes. This allows the flour to absorb the liquids and ensures a smoother consistency.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or crepe pan over medium heat. Brush it lightly with melted butter.
- Pour a small amount of crepe batter into the center of the pan and immediately swirl it around to spread the batter thinly and evenly across the bottom of the pan.
- Cook for about 1-2 minutes or until the edges start to lift and the crepe appears set. Gently flip the crepe using a spatula and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes on the other side.
- Transfer the cooked crepe to a plate and repeat the process with the remaining batter. You can stack the crepes on top of each other.
- To assemble, lay one crepe flat on a serving plate.
- Spread a generous amount of whipped cream over the crepe, leaving a border around the edges.
- Sprinkle fresh raspberries or strawberries over the whipped cream.
- Fold the crepe in half and then in half again to form a triangle.
- Drizzle some melted dark chocolate over the top of the crepe.
- Sprinkle a few dark chocolate chips and a dusting of powdered sugar for that extra touch of indulgence.
- Repeat the assembly process for each crepe.
These dark chocolate crepes with chocolate protein powder are a delightful blend of decadence and nutrition. You can enjoy the rich, chocolatey flavor without the guilt, thanks to the added protein boost.
Whether you serve them as a weekend brunch treat or a special dessert, these crepes are sure to impress your taste buds and leave you craving for more.
So, why wait? Gather your ingredients, heat up that skillet, and start whipping up these heavenly crepes today. Your taste buds and your body will thank you for it!