Recipe of Mummy Pumpkin Oat Bites
Nutrition disguised as a mummy.. .yummy!
Mummy Pumpkin Oat Bites are our new favorite Halloween treat! These little guys pack a surprising punch of protein, while also sneaking in oats and pumpkin so you'll feel good serving them to your little ones! Here's the recipe:
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3 scoops KidzProtein Vanilla
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup of white chocolate chips
- optional: candy eyes
In a large bowl, mix together oats, KidzProtein, pumpkin spice/cinnamon, vanilla, pumpkin puree, and maple syrup with a spatula.
- Once combined to a smooth consistency, scoop 1-2 tablespoon bites (about the size of a cake pop) and roll with your hand into a smooth ball.
- Place bite size balls on cookie sheet and freeze for about 10 minutes.
- While the protein bites are cooling, melt the white chocolate chips in a microwave safe dish. Microwave in 15 second increments - repeat until fully melted.
- Remove protein bites from freezer.
- Place protein bites in melted white chocolate with a fork, roll around until they are fully covered. Option here to drizzle the white chocolate on the protein bites as well, if you would like them less sweet.
- If desired, place candy eyes on the mummies.
- Once the bites are all fully covered, place back in freezer for about 5 minutes. Enjoy!