Indulge in a nutritious and delicious snack that's perfect for any time of the day. These protein balls, made with Healthy Heights Kidz Protein, Grow Daily 3+, or Grow Daily 10+, are a fantastic way to fuel your family with healthy ingredients. They're easy to make and great for a quick energy boost!
- 3/4 cup drippy peanut butter, almond butter, or sun butter
- 1/3 cup Healthy Heights Vanilla Protein Powder (Kidz Protein, Grow Daily 3+, or Grow Daily 10+)
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats or quick oats (avoid instant oatmeal)
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 3 tablespoons mini chocolate chips, unsweetened shredded coconut, or a mix of both
- 2 tablespoons honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Water as needed (for adjusting consistency)
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, Healthy Heights protein powder, rolled oats, flaxseed meal, chocolate chips (or coconut), honey, and chia seeds.
- Start mixing with a wooden spoon or sturdy rubber spatula. As the mixture begins to come together, you may find it easier to use your hands to ensure thorough mixing.
- Check the consistency of the dough. Depending on the type of nut butter used and the specific Healthy Heights protein powder, you might need to slightly adjust the texture. If the mixture is too dry, add water, one teaspoon at a time. If it's too wet or sticky, add a bit more protein powder or oats, a few teaspoons at a time. Aim for a consistency similar to cookie dough that's easy to roll into balls. After adjusting, let the mixture sit for a few minutes to allow the oats and protein powder to absorb moisture. Reassess and adjust if necessary.
- Using a 1-tablespoon cookie scoop, portion the dough into your palms and roll into balls. You should get approximately 16 balls from this recipe. If the dough starts to stick to your hands or seems slightly dry, wet your hands lightly.
- Store your Healthy Heights Protein Balls in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or freeze them for up to 3 months for a longer shelf life.
Enjoy these protein-rich snacks as a healthy treat for kids and your whole family!