How to Make Vegan Donuts For Kids?
What kid wouldn’t approve of homemade donuts for breakfast? We keep this donut recipe simple with pantry staples and they are baked instead of fried. This helps to keep the nutritional value up and your workload down. Speaking of nutrition, we used our plant-based KidzProtein shake mix to boost the protein and round out breakfast.
Donut even think about passing on this recipe! Let’s get baking.
- ½ cup KidzProtein Vegan shake mix
- 1 ¾ cups of flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ¾ cup dairy free milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp applesauce
- ¼ vegan butter
- Preheat the oven to 350F and spray two 6 cup donut pans with cooking spray and set aside.
- Sift the flour in a large bowl and add sugar, baking powder, salt and whisk together
- Add your milk alternative, vanilla, applesauce, and melted vegan butter to the bowl with the flour and stir to combine.
- Using a piping bag, or a ziplock with a hole cut in the corner, add the donut batter and pipe evenly into the molds.
- Bake the donuts for about 20 minutes, until the top is lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the donuts cool for 10 minutes before removing them from the pan.
- Glaze as desired and serve!