Shake up your morning breakfast routine and serve up our protein packed pancakes. We’re keeping this recipe plant-based since many children have sensitive stomachs and can’t handle the dairy or whey in some pancake mixes.
We pump up the protein by using our KidzProtein Vegan shake mix, a little goes a long way and you can be sure your kids are getting a quality source of protein, vitamins and minerals. Let’s get cooking!
- ½ cup vanilla KidzProtein Vegan shake mix
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, add the shake mix, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, and stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl or liquid measuring cup, add almond milk, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla, and stir to combine
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Pour about ½ cup (65 grams) of batter onto a nonstick pan or griddle over medium heat.
- When the top begins to bubble, flip the pancake and cook until golden.
- Serve warm with maple syrup.